Sunday 1 July 2018

A quick departure....

It all seems like a whirlwind now. We realized so quickly that the impending heat wave was going to mean that either I go ahead of the crew by a few days, or I stay behind for a week or more, until the heat clears. We decided to try to send me and Murphy ahead of the heat, leaving 3 days earlier than planned. Well, I did it! I left more than I planned to fall on Justin’s plate, I got a lot done very quickly,  I forgot to do and to pack more than a few things, and I maneuvered Murphy and the crate through the airport.  It took over an hour and a half before they confirmed he could fly, and it was within .5C of maximum temperature!! It was definitely a waiting game. Once they checked me and Murphy in, the race to assemble his crate began...I  barely got it assembled, gave him his calming drugs and I had to run to get through security and to the gate in time for boarding.  Close call!!!

Once we arrived, it was smooth sailing.  Murphy looked happy and calm when they ever so gently placed him on the conveyor belt, and he happily wagged his tail and hopped out of his crate, wagging his whole body in appreciation of solid ground and a familiar face. I was able to get him outside within about a half hour, and we found an area that I *think* was dog friendly.   Longest pee ever!!!!




Justin’s colleague met us at the airport about a half hour later and we miraculously fit the crate and luggage into his car.  Off to the apartment we went!

I couldn’t ask for a more warm welcome to Switzerland !! The family welcomed me by stocking our fridge, Nathalie took me on a walking tour of the village, Peter lent me furniture (far better than hanging out in Murphy’s crate!), and the girls introduced themselves and gave Murphy treats and a new stuffie!




No comments:

Post a Comment