Tuesday 11 September 2018

Mountain Biking Women Rock!!

Saturday, September 8, 2018

What a cool weekend activity: we headed to Lenzerheide, Switzerland to watch the UCI Mountain Bike World Championships! We have been following the women's Cross Country racing and mostly cheering on Jolanda Neff (Swiss) and Emily Batty (Canadian). To see them ride in person was phenomenal. I am amazed by their strength, determination and power!!! They do 7 laps of the cross-country route and it combines downhill, technical riding, single track riding and climbing. They really have to be all around athletes, in my opinion. To see so many of the athletes pushing themselves to their limits, drooling because of the effort as they are going around the course.....amazing!
We watched the women race and then had a picnic lunch for an hour and a half while we waited for the men's race to start. We stayed only a few laps into the men's race since we were ready to head, and to be honest, it just didn't interest me the way the women's race did.
Saturday night was fun too - Sarah went to her first birthday party here. She didn't feel comfortable sleeping over, but stayed pretty late. Justin & I went to Zurich to have dinner and meet up with Brad and Lisa. As always, that was fun! Shannon stayed home and watched Netflix to her heart's content. A great night all around.

Sunday was a "work" day: Justin had work to do and the kids had homework. Unfortunately, I was not at my best - the migraine medication didn't even help dull the headache that I was suffering. Who knows why it came on, but it was bad.. I have been almost headache free since we got to Switzerland, and I was so sad to be locked away in the quiet and dark with the stupid headache. It stayed until Tuesday!! Now it's gone, thank goodness, and I hope I don't have another one soon!! I am so lucky to finally feel almost completely head ache free after nearly 5 years of daily headaches. I am so grateful!! And it's fitting that my goal for the next year is to become my best self - a fit, active, fulfilled and happy Christa. So that doesn't mean only KETO diet eating...heck no!! It means prosecco on a Tuesday night! It means Aperol Spritz whenever I can! It means chocolate and cheese! But it also means hiking lots, doing yoga  on my own and in class riding my bike for errands and for fun and being able to keep up with my fit family!! Here's to good Health!




No comments:

Post a Comment