Monday 3 September 2018

Monday Pants

Monday, September 3, 2018

For my birthday, Sarah gave me "Monday Pants". These are actually Roots jogging pants but since I was often lonely on Mondays when the kids and Justin went out the door, Sarah thought it would be nice for me to have cozy jogging pants to wear on Mondays. I am loving them here too. And today, I need them. After fabulously fun weekends together, having adventures, laughing and being outside, I find Mondays very lonely. Like today. Yup... It's grey and cloudy out. Today, my highlights include doing 4 loads of laundry, 1 hour of Rosetta Stone German lessons, ironing some shirts, planning dinner and grocery shopping...oh, and maybe I'll clean a drain or two - wait, no point in doing that because I cleaned them last week!! haha!  Mondays are hard - back in Canada they were hard after I had to leave work because of the concussions. I felt I had no purpose, other than being a June Cleaver-esque housewife. And Mondays are hard here too. So I have come up with a plan of attack for fighting the Monday Blues:
  • Walk with Murphy: we walk every morning, but Mondays seem to be a great morning for a destination walk to get fresh from the cow milk, some eggs from the farm and maybe some fruit or vegetables too. All on my 6/6:30 am walk. Purposeful and Productive.
  • Steamed Milk for the girls: I fully realize that other people have the Monday morning blues too, so I have been steaming that fresh-from-the-cow milk for the girls on Monday mornings especially. Purposeful and Productive.
  • Get dressed and do my hair. Why not Fake it Till You Make it? That's my thinking for Mondays! Today I am even sporting a dress! Purposeful and Productive.
  • Plan dinner early in the day, and plan tomorrow's lunch for the girls. Go grocery shopping. Purposeful and Productive.
  • Laundry and chores....well, those have to get done and have built up after a fun weekend, so they're good to set for today since they are Purposeful and Productive.
OK, wah wah wah is done. Now back to happy thoughts.

Friday, August 31, 2018

Shannon went to a party Friday night, meeting up with 3 friends at our place to get ready, and meeting others on the way to the party. The group of them slept over at one of the girls' houses and got very little sleep! We picked her up at 7am and she was able to get some sleep on the few hours of driving to Saas-Fee. 

Saturday, September 1, 2018

The weekend was amazing. We drove to Saas-Fee on Saturday and despite the rain and both girls having colds, and Shannon not being able to complete the hike because of her sinus headache and the altitude, it was still a super fun weekend! 

When we got there, we checked into our hotel (with Murphy!) and headed out for a hike to Hannig. About an hour and a half -2 hours up the mountain, with the reward being lunch at the top! https://www.hannig-saas-fee.ch/
Shannon made it 2/3 of the way and had to turn back because of the pain in her head from the congestion and the altitude air pressure. She and Justin and Murphy enjoyed a meal at the bottom, while Sarah and I pushed on to the top and had Rosti and french fries - perhaps the best Rosti EVER!!! With ham, onions, cheese and of course an egg of top!! Can you say Potato Overload?!

It was chilly - only 5-7C was the high on Saturday. And with the rain, we all got quite damp. Sarah and I chose to take the gondola back down. It was SOOO SMALL!!! And a little frightening for the both of us! We laughed so hard!

We enjoyed a little nap mid-afternoon and then, while Shannon slept, the 3 of us wandered the town of Saas-Fee, popping into stores along the way.

For dinner, we took Mike & Kelly's recommendation and went to Alphitta (Wildistrasse 72) at the end of the main strip and we had an amazing fondu dinner! 
Beef fondu and cheese fondu!! All so good!! I think it was one of my most favourite meals ever,  
but mostly due to the laughs we had with each other and the conversation. 
It was just a really special night.


Sunday, September 2, 2018

Today we gave the girls the choice: scootering in Saas-Grund or going up the gondolas to LÀngfluh. Everyone was indifferent, and Shannon made the choice: gondolas up!
The weather was so dark and cloudy in Saas-Fee, but we thought (and hoped and crossed fingers) that Langfluh would be above the clouds.
 I think the mountains are above the clouds...

And we were right!

Both Justin and I didn't expect to be so blown away by the views, but we were! We thought that since we've seen the Rockies and been moved by them, that we would appreciate and enjoy these mountains (without a doubt) but maybe not be in awe so much. The glaciers, the mountains, the views! WOW!!! We were in awe!! Check out @divebaar on Instagram to see more pictures, which don't even do it justice! We soaked up the views, dreamed and planned for our ski vacation, and then returned to the bottom to start our drive back to Baar.  

We joined Kelly, Mike and Amelie for a birthday dinner for Amelie of tacos back in Zug. It was delicious and a fun time! So nice to be together. I feel so lucky that Kelly & Mike & Amelie are on this adventure in Zug too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment